You’re in North America, it’s early 2017, and winter is everywhere. Bird song is nothing but a distant memory, and you yearn for warmth. Wouldn’t you rather be in Trinidad and Tobago? If you eBird, you could be—for free! We’re very happy to announce an exciting opportunity for a lucky eBirder and friend: two nights at the Asa Wright Nature Centre; complimentary roundtrip airfares for 2 people on JetBlue from either JFK (New York) or Fort Lauderdale, FL; and tours of the Asa Wright Nature Centre property in Trinidad. Thanks to the Asa Wright Nature Centre, JetBlue, and the Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Board for their generous sponsorship. A lucky eBirder will be drawn randomly from among all eligible checklists submitted between Sept 15-Oct 31 2016. More lists, more chances to win. The winner will be notified by November 10.
Prize package contains:
- 2 complimentary nights in one room at Asa Wright Nature Centre (AWNC) for 2 people with “sunrise coffee or tea on the verandah, breakfast and lunch in the dining room, afternoon tea and sunset rum punch on the verandah, and dinner in the dining room.” Valid from December 2016 to April 2017 and subject to availability.
- There will be 1 winner from the United States who can take a spouse/friend with him/her, so they will be sharing the room at AWNC. If they don’t want to share a room, they will need to book a separate room at their own expense.
- 2 complimentary roundtrip airfares for 2 people on JetBlue from either JFK or Fort Lauderdale. Valid from December 2016 to April 2017 and subject to availability. Taxes and fees apply and are the responsibility of the passengers. Passengers will also be responsible for checked bags; oversized, overweight, or extra baggage; in-flight movies; etc. The winner and guest will also be responsible for roundtrip travel to JFK or Fort Lauderdale and airport parking.
- Complimentary ground transportation to and from the Trinidad (Port of Spain/Piarco International) airport and AWNC.
- Free AWNC tours, available on the property with AWNC’s local guides.
- Opportunities for the winners to book extra nights and tours through AWNC, depending on availability.